Princeton Town Topics – Let’s Talk Real Estate – September 1, 2021
QUICK PROJECTS FOR INSTANT CURB APPEAL
Ready to make a great first impression? Here are some projects that can boost your home’s curb appeal in just a weekend.
- Upgrade the front door with paint and new hardware to create an instant fresh look. Choose from traditional, subdued, or bold colors.
- Add simple but stylish decorations to your front porch or steps. Planters with easy-care flowers such as mums or petunias, potted trees, and seasonal wreaths are budget-friendly choices.
- Add landscape lighting along your front steps, walkways, or driveway. Solar lights are easy to install and reasonably priced. Shop online to find a wide selection.
- Install window boxes. If you have windows with shutters, adding window boxes with colorful flowering plants adds charm to the front of your house.
- Front porch furniture. A simple chair or bench with some cushions, plus a small table gives a welcoming feel to your front porch.
- Brighten your mailbox. Replace a dull or battered mailbox with a bright or whimsical new mailbox. Plant flowers around your mailbox to create an eye-catching small garden space.